Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Snowflake and Medallion

Here is a fluffy purple snowflake from the book "24 Snowflakes in Tatting" by Lene Bjorn. That is a really nice little tatting book. It's easy to carry around with me and I love all the different techniques she uses for the snowflakes. The thread is a Star Gem Size 30.
The little blue and white medallion is from "A New Twist on Tatting" by Catherine Austin. It's one of the motifs in a collar. The thread is a Star Gem Size 30. I am thinking about putting it inside an acrylic coaster.
These two are my motifs 7 & 8. I forgot to mention in my last entry that the black necklace and matching earrings are motifs 5 & 6.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brigitte !

    Wow! Beautiful tatting in all of your posts. Love the snowflakes AND the necklace and earrings AND the cute bib edging! I commend you on mastering both needle and shuttle tatting. And you'll go far with beading and tatting. I haven't mastered using beads yet. Welcome to the 25 Motif Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete